Saturday, May 19, 2007

My SwirlinWhirl lucky creations

When I was working, I love wearing accessories. As I love to match what I wear, and could not find costume jewellery I wanted, I decided to learn to create my own. The hobby stopped when I conceived my second child as it is an Asian taboo to use cutting appliances or carry on twisting wires while you are pregnant.

The hobby was revived when one of my friends wanted to set up a community hall in Bandar Sungai Long for the residents in the neighbourhood and would like me to teach it as a craft. These are the first batch of bracelets I created to show them what I can teach.


I was encouraged to use crystals in my work and that is how my SwirlinWhirl sets consisting of bracelet, necklace, earrings started. You want to know how I sell them too?  When I sell a full set in a new design, I will name the creation after my customer. Love4Fennie is for one of my students with 2 young daughters. Obviously she loves crafting too.


What are my themes? My creations are influenced by Dr Richard Wiseman's quote , "Lucky people tend to do things to bring them good fortune". I love incorporating my designs with Asian mystic flavours with some Feng Shui enhancement support based on numbers, colours and shapes.

Amanda's Abundance was created for Zawati's young daughter. I looked at the little girl and see a child filled with love and all that her parents could wish for her.

Amanda fell in love with this piece made up of seed beads that I have been wearing for years.


So, I created "Amanda's Whirl" for her. It's her mother's gift for her; "I cannot give you the world but you can have "The Whirl".


You can see the design of the earrings to match the above piece in the following picture. The set was recreated for my student, Elaine, with changes in colour and arrangement of crystals. The bracelet is in a flora design.


Bored with the full set you have purchased from me? Do not discard your set, as I encourage recycling, you can return the full set for a new necklace only design. You will have to pay for any crystals used in the creation and the cost to return old set and have new necklace delivered.

Do I teach? Yes, I do and I am willing to create a blog for my student too. This way my students will have a personal record of their progress and creations. When they are ready, they can also upload their own creations to sell on their blogs.

Here is a blog I have created on my first student's request.

No comments: